SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Vegetable Garden

6/30/04 @ 1:47 PM
INITIAL POST
Paladin
User since 6/15/01
Who's got one ? what are you growing ? and how's it coming along? Mine consists of sweet corn , cabbage , brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli ,cucumbers, zucchini, peas, tomatoes , peppers , acorn squash, pumpkins, and assorted spices. The cold wet weather hasn't been very conducive to good growth so far for me. But with warmer weather in the forecast things should turn out. I hope those of you growing fair better.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 8,767 posts
6/12/24 @ 10:11 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
Man I can’t wait for the cukes. That little one was delicious! 
6/12/24 @ 8:02 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
lol!  

We don't have any gnomes in our yard or garden. Never cared for them :)

Peppers OTOH - yum!
6/12/24 @ 8:01 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Veggie Tales
6/12/24 @ 7:59 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Growing potatoes from seed  NAH not my kind of challenge. I am mostly a brown thumb.
6/12/24 @ 7:42 PM
BeerTownFyreman
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
Ha! Dont know why, but they looked like little gnomes to me at 1st glance. Little evil ​gnomes.
Vegetable Garden photo by BeerTownFyreman
6/12/24 @ 7:34 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
The peppers are coming around :)
Vegetable Garden photo by Plmlk
6/12/24 @ 7:32 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
It’s funny I planted a lot of stuff earlier this year. We had decent weather and I had medical issues that I had to work around vacations and what not so put a lot of things in way too early than I normally would not do and as I look at my pictures we’re  behind from last year at this time And some of the stuff I just put in the ground around June 5 or six last year some stuff I put in early and had to go back and look at the pictures and date them. It’s just odd watching it from year to year it all has to do with the weather. 
6/12/24 @ 7:26 PM
SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
User since 7/29/21
My on deck circle(volunteers from compost tumbler)is doing much better than tomatoes started indoors lol
Vegetable Garden photo by SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
6/12/24 @ 7:08 PM
SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
User since 7/29/21
Starting to get a little color in the garden. Unfortunately it's from flowers. Gonna need them for pollinators and predators. Keep pics coming. Hot weather coming...
6/12/24 @ 6:46 PM
BeerTownFyreman
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
I'm opposite.

I let the plant go through the flowering and pollinating cycle, but once the petals fall off  and they start growing seeds I snip em off.

No scientist here, but I want the plant focusing on below ground growth, not seeds. Kinda the same theory as clipping scapes off the garlic.

Just what I do.
6/12/24 @ 6:41 PM
SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
User since 7/29/21
This is what happens when you let them flower around other varieties and they cross pollinate. I leave em and harvest the green berries(poisonous)which contain true potato seed. This year my true potato seeds got left out in a late freeze... Bottom line is let em go it won't hurt and if you want a real challenge grow from true potato seed. Plant indoors under grow lights early February   
6/12/24 @ 6:32 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
So the potatoes now have flowers.  Should we be pulling all these off?  All of them?
6/12/24 @ 6:15 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
From the 1 foot little engine that could.
Vegetable Garden photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
6/12/24 @ 2:41 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
Has anyone else seen quite a few bumblebees around?    They sure are plentiful around my plants.    I’d estimate seeing around 6-8 / hr in early AM and late evening.  No wasps/ hornets to speak of either     Not many hummingbirds either.
6/12/24 @ 1:04 PM
BrewCrew4Ever
User since 10/27/09
Tomatoes, cabbage, carrots, pepper varieties and potatoes are great.  I already picked and replanted radishes.  Garden sweet corn, 1st green bean round, 1st pea round and sweet corn, not so much.

I was motivated this a.m. and planted 100 pumpkin mounds with numerous varieties, 6 acorn squash mounds and four, sixty foot rows of sweet corn on our field edge. Hoping there is enough time for today's pumpkins and sweet corn.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 8,767 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE