SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Vegetable Garden

6/30/04 @ 1:47 PM
INITIAL POST
Paladin
User since 6/15/01
Who's got one ? what are you growing ? and how's it coming along? Mine consists of sweet corn , cabbage , brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli ,cucumbers, zucchini, peas, tomatoes , peppers , acorn squash, pumpkins, and assorted spices. The cold wet weather hasn't been very conducive to good growth so far for me. But with warmer weather in the forecast things should turn out. I hope those of you growing fair better.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 8,572 posts
TODAY @ 3:01 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
Do any of you start beets indoors or do you just put them right in the garden? I usually plant in the garden but I've had mixed results over the years.
TODAY @ 1:32 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
I hardened them off 2x,   2 hrs each.    Obviously not enough.    2 look like they might be ok.      I bought a CHEROKEE PURPLE and a PARKS WOPPER IMPROVED and will transplant them later.
TODAY @ 11:40 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
I'm still on pace to plant most of my peppers and tomatoes memorial day weekend or the week after. I'm in no hurry to get them in the ground. Cukes and zukes I started indoors a week ago and they'll get planted outside about the same time as the tomatoes and peppers. 
TODAY @ 10:08 AM
SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
User since 7/29/21
As tempting as it is to plant warm season crops as days are warming. I'm gonna fight the urge to do so as forecast has 40°F nights...far Southern WI...  
TODAY @ 10:03 AM
SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
User since 7/29/21
Did you gradually harden them off outside before leaving them out in full sun exposure?
TODAY @ 9:59 AM
Carpio
Carpio
Sorry looking cukes.
Vegetable Garden photo by Carpio
TODAY @ 5:35 AM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11
The freeze pack that my mother's insulin came with say's nitrogen based use on your garden. So I put the gel on my garlic bed. The stems doubled in size in one week!
5/10/24 @ 10:33 PM
homewrecker
User since 8/28/03
Planted carrots, radishes,  beets, green beans, cukes, and squash today. Also put 3 egg plants in the ground. 
5/10/24 @ 9:09 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
Don't you cut the end off and rub it in a circle? My mother used to say it worked. ​
5/10/24 @ 8:40 PM
Carpio
Carpio
Too long to explain, go to YouTube.
5/10/24 @ 5:41 PM
SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
User since 7/29/21
What's the trick?
5/10/24 @ 5:02 PM
Carpio
Carpio
I just watched a YouTube video on how to remove the bitterness from a cucumber before slicing.    Anyone ever try it?
5/10/24 @ 1:24 PM
Carpio
Carpio
I planted my 3 cuke seedlings at 9 this AM and now they look wilted and dead.   Sigh.
5/10/24 @ 10:47 AM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Went to Rices Greenhouse this morning bought 6 tomatoe plants. They look much healthier than the seeds I started a month ago.
5/9/24 @ 5:35 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11
My neighbor buys onions by the bulk from down south as part of his monthly veggie subscription service. His cost is roughly 10 cents a pound but he buys by the pallet load. Cheaper for him to buy and ship from the south than it is to grow himself. 

I hear sweet corn prices are projected to increase another 1-2$ this year based on a few of my patients that sell at farmers markets, particularly in the MSP area.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 8,572 posts

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
The Ulterra® and Terrova® are newly upgraded to keep you at the top of your game and always in the thick of it. More maneuvers. More capabilities. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE