Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Pewaukee Lake

Pewaukee Weeds

1/2/23 @ 9:24 AM
INITIAL POST
Darin - Lake-Link
Darin - Lake-Link
PRO MEMBER User since 5/17/01

Here is a discussion about the current weed situation on Pewaukee lake.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
1/15/23 @ 8:31 AM
Northern nightmare
User since 2/8/19

Try 120 yards off of Taylor Bay.  There are a few large beds that have produced some decent Northern.  Used to be several nice beds east of Wilson’s Island that produced but I have had no luck the last two years.  I have fished this lake my whole life and have really struggled to find a spot that produces the last couple years.  

1/4/23 @ 11:56 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

The last 4-5 years have been really interesting regarding weeds on Pewaukee.  I'm seeing a lot more cabbage now.  Still a lot of milfoil, but the cabbage weeds have really come back.

1/3/23 @ 6:39 PM
CatchCatch
User since 3/6/21

an_ders, i do not fish that much in the summer - no boat. And no atv either so when i'm looking for weeds to start the season most of my time is spent walking from smokey's or the west end launch drilling and putting my face in the hole. So process of elimination, checking spots off on the map.

if any kind or financially motivated soul would like to let me access the lake from their shoreline (particularly the west end) then i would happily pay or barter for that privilege. i catch and release and won't leave any beer cans or pee on the ice. (Message me)

1/3/23 @ 10:37 AM
an_ders
User since 5/13/20

CatchCatch, do you ever fish this lake during summer? If so, its not hard to figure out where the massive areas of weeds will be in the winter. Was in a particular bay/cove last night and saw nothing but weeds from 5-12 ft deep.

1/2/23 @ 7:48 PM
Aquaholic
Aquaholic
User since 5/7/16

Cannot comment on this lake specifically, however our lakes in Jefferson co. are significantly lacking weeds… really bad. Have checked 3-4 area lakes with no weeds to find. Not sure what it is this year, but definitely a trend from what I’m hearing.

1/2/23 @ 7:39 PM
CatchCatch
User since 3/6/21

There’s a discussion about finding/missing weeds on the Big Cedar Lake report page here. Any thoughts from the Pewaukee group? They suspect wake surfing boats. I don’t know enough to comment besides that I drilled lots of holes the last week and didn’t find much. 

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Ceymar A Spinng Reel
Ceymar A Spinng Reel
Okuma's Ceymar A spinning reels offer superior performance, with a multi-disc, oiled felt drag system. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Ceymar A Spinng Reel

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Talon
Minn Kota Talon
Only Talon has up to 15' of anchoring, letting you pick the perfect hold for any condition. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Talon Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE