LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites.

7/4/20 @ 8:52 PM
INITIAL POST
Bassmaster+recordeacks2
Bassmaster+recordeacks2
User since 5/14/20

This can include all whiskeys that are not bourbon. Irish, Japanese and malt whiskies. This 16 year is incredible. Very smooth. 

Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordeacks2
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordeacks2
Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,914 posts
6/7/24 @ 9:54 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
This is terrible. Store pick. Both onebottle and I don’t like it at all. 
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
6/7/24 @ 8:59 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
123.6 batch A121. Nice. Cinnamon and brown sugar. 
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
6/7/24 @ 8:33 PM
Holy Crappie
Holy Crappie
User since 7/13/21
Bass your last post sounds absolutely delicious!  I am having my first go around with Heaven Hill 7 year tonight.  A lot of mixed reviews on this one.  I get caramel, nuttiness, and cinnamon initially, but then I get a bit of funky finish like flat cola.  Need to keep drinking to determine if this is a keeper or not.
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Holy Crappie
6/7/24 @ 8:29 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Just warming up. The Kirkland is 1792 Barrton. WI wheat red fife is bitter tonight. 
6/7/24 @ 7:42 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
This is good. Aroma of banana, pear, and apple with vanilla. Taste as a little bit of pear an apple with a little bit of toffee.
6/7/24 @ 3:09 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Having a tasting tonight so we should be posting quite a few ​critiques
6/6/24 @ 9:51 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
LAPHROAIG 10 YEAR iSLAY SINGLE MALT SCOTCH WHISKEY,, 43% ABV,
$52.99 WOODMANS
Not for the faint of heart. this is a classic Islay. Heavy on peat, heavy on smoke, although bottle recommends 'serve neat", maybe a touch of cool water" I took one sniff and knew my customary two cubes minimum I'd need to down a two ounce pour. Tried about half the basic Islays now. Know they will be my GO TO because they just envelope your head from mouth to brain in all things rich. This one comes out swinging, no called strike three on Laphroaig...
You and it don't get cheated. 
This10 year, like so many single malts I've tried, just tip of product line. Laphroaig pronounced "La- froyg" is a maker of many stratosphere priced bottles. (perhaps someday). yet as I watch more and more- you tube, read up and look at sites that want to send you fine Scotch, it's their initial offerings, that will make one splurge on the better and best of best... If that's what you want, sorry, got too many other costly hobbys. 
But have to say, this one doesn't disappoint. If you want a manly beast ala' Talisker, Ardbeg, or any classic Islay,
this definitely measures up. claims a rich flavor, has it and yet doesn't dally or linger...claims "the
 sweet nuttiness of barley, well after four pours must've missed the nuts, but definitely found another friend to get me enjoyably thru this long thing we call life!    
Solid 4 &1/2 stars here laddies...enjoy without moderation haha
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by glimmertwin
6/6/24 @ 12:47 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Yes, you have to be careful with the store pics on some of those things. A lot of times the distiller is just trying to get rid of something that is not able to be put into a normal bottling. stores get deals on it like you would not believe Piggly Wiggly is one of them.
6/6/24 @ 9:15 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
I'm happy that someone likes that EC bottle.  I've gotten probably 4 of them over the years and I've despised all of them.
I only trust the bottle when it is pure Barrel Proof.  It needs to say it on three places, the neck label, the glass bottle and the sticker on the lower part of the bottle.  Anything that says Private barrel, single barrel is a bottle that I avoid.
This year I was burned on two of them.  One was a Total Wine Store Pick, the other was a smaller store pick.

One of the places where I hunt bottles frequently has had about 100 of those bottles on a display for well over 4 months now.  It ain't moving at all.

The A124 batch of Elijah Barrel Proof is very, very good.  I'm happy that I was able to get a few of those bottles a few weeks ago.  Hopefully I can find the next batch that comes out.
6/6/24 @ 5:38 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
Holy Crap, Holy Crappie! That stuff really has the juice! Would like to try that one sometime, and see how disciplined I could be? 🥳 lol
6/5/24 @ 10:02 PM
Holy Crappie
Holy Crappie
User since 7/13/21
I absolutely love the Elijah Craig single barrel proof store pick I got recently. This one is a flavor bomb. I get some graham cracker and banana and then the baking spices kick in nicely at 128 proof.
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Holy Crappie
6/5/24 @ 9:36 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/c/314/speyside-single-malt-scotch-whisky

Scotch is something definitely you do not want to spend minimal amounts of money on. Also, there are many and so many different styles and flavors. You have to be careful what you get. If you like bourbon then speyside would probably be the way to go. The above is a bunch of different speyside that I recommend, and then Highland would probably be next. 
6/5/24 @ 7:16 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
So the 1800 tequila just picked up is just a $30 bottle for Mixon. I tasted it as a poor it’s OK but I wouldn’t do it with a pour. Now the Negra silver is a $50 bottle and it is a supper. Very sweet. Mixed with club soda and lime. The Cantera wins as well. 
6/5/24 @ 1:40 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bought some interesting stuff here to try while I’m laid up for a couple weeks. Yeah, you’re probably right Yamazaki. It’s probably the 18 year the 12 year went up to about $180. It is a phenomenal Whiskey.
6/5/24 @ 1:04 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
Bass....what is the name of that Japanese Whiskey that everyone wants?  Yamazaki?  I ran into a bottle recently.  $800.  I should have taken a picture to see exactly what it was.  Maybe it will still be around when I'm at that store again.

I had Kamiki once.  It was awful.  Smelled like shoe leather.  Taste was just awful.  I'd imagine it was what wet sweat socks taste like.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,914 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE