SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

MLB topics

7/5/06 @ 11:01 PM
Gator43
Gator43
PRO MEMBER User since 8/1/01
All-star game is a joke, and being linked to home field advantage in the world series is ridiculous. Can't say I won't tune in to check out Brewers players though.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 2,908 posts
5/30/24 @ 7:38 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
Cardinals !!! 
5/29/24 @ 4:04 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
Carpio, I’m surprised that you remember that they moved the pitchers mound further away from home plate. They did that in 1893 when they wanted to give the hitters a better chance. You’ve been following the game a long time (lol).
They lowered the pitching mound 5” in 1969.
5/29/24 @ 3:48 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
Want higher BAs?     Lower the pitcher’s mound to what it was 20 ? ​years ago.   Or change the ruling to what it used to be :  sacrifice fly that a batter won’t be charged for an at bat if a runner on base advances to second or third on a fly out.    I’m not sure about this but at one time didn’t they shorten the distance from home to the pitcher’s mound?
5/29/24 @ 3:08 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
This is how I view Sabermetrics and analytics done by pecil-necked nerds that hide behind fake names (Tom Tango) who probably never played a meaningful or competitive game of baseball in their lives:

• Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics: The Manipulation of Public Opinion in America, by Michael Wheeler (W. W. Norton & Co. 1976; Dell paperback 1978).
They fail to consider the human element.  Some players are clutch and step up in the big moment.  Some wilt under the pressure.  Statistics doesn't and can't capture that.  That is why it is so important for coaches to know their players and their tendencies and idiosyncrasies.  Some players work hard to get good at all the fundamental and little things and become a valuable player in the process.  More valuable than the 30 HR player who strikes out 40% of the time, hits .222 and poops himself when the chips are down.

We'll agree to disagree on this topic. And that is completely fine.  I'm Okay with swimming upstream in a currently downstream MLB environment.   History repeats itself, and small ball will become more popular again someday.  Players who are good at all the little things will once again be valued at some point.  Probably when Sabermetrics starts to capture and analyze more of the little things that lead to W's.  MLB is becoming more of a pitching dominated league again and this just might be the impetus to start going back towards smaller ball?  Time will tell.  Change happens at a snail's pace.  But change is constant and inevitable. 

Peace.

5/23/24 @ 11:20 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
5/9/24 @ 8:28 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
My Dodgers are rolling. Cannot believe the Braves and Phillies have pretty close to the same record that will change later.
4/25/24 @ 5:47 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Nice. I don’t like what he did, but as a baseball player, he was just purely awesome. I was watching a TikTok video on him giving instruction to a couple former major league ball players to tell him how he approached a plate and how he crowded it and backed off during certain times to play with their heads.
4/25/24 @ 4:40 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
B&R…This was in the news today about one of the best to play the game 
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ohio-lawmakers-co-sponsor-resolution-pete-rose-hall-fame​​​
4/22/24 @ 10:15 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
4/21/24 @ 4:12 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Conseco home run off the head​​​
4/16/24 @ 2:28 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
B&R and the rest of you "PACKER FAITFULL" WHEN ARE GOING TO LET THIS LOVE AFFAIR WITH ROGERS GO? He's gone ,face it ,ain't coming back,only cared about himeself and not the Packers `Enough is enough already please!  Not knocking his ability, But he left your team and showed no loyality IMO! Okay how much "Grief" am i going to hear from you guys now after saying what i had to say!  Rodgers is history! Let it go!!!
4/16/24 @ 2:04 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
A couple interesting facts about the ballpark’s and the farm systems around the MLB https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10115779-ranking-all-30-mlb-stadiums-for-the-2024-season 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10115581-mlb-farm-system-rankings-for-the-2024-season​​​
4/14/24 @ 7:17 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Arron Rogers at the padre dodger game?
MLB topics photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
MLB topics photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
4/14/24 @ 7:03 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Great baseball tonight and ESPN game of the week my two favorite teams, Dodgers, and Padres!
3/28/24 @ 10:02 PM
hotbait
PRO MEMBER User since 5/16/16
Cubs/Rangers opening night game was great. 10 innings. Nice start for MLB. 
Displaying 1 to 15 of 2,908 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE