LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Does anyone know how to stop the "property purchasers"?

2/26/24 @ 6:13 PM
INITIAL POST
15th Ave.
User since 5/7/21

I have 2 acres vacant land in Adams County Wisconsin: I am consistently,especially the past year,bombarded with postcards,letters and now it's phone calls.We want to buy your property for a "fair price"I have never initiated any offers to anybody and I bet I've had at least 20 different offers and they all say the same thing "public record"

None of them are even locals:which I could understand their offer

Today I actually got a postcard with the realtor guy and his wife...if even them...

And then I checked,and called back,the random phone number on my phone it's some Indian (like the country)girl from Chicago "call us for a fair offer"

Anybody know of a trick,or some help,I can use..? 

Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts
5/1/24 @ 9:46 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
I never heard that putting it into a trust they cannot track your name. I am my three brothers have my dad‘s estate property and belongings. I constantly get text messages. I don’t know how they research it but they want to buy the house property and they want to talk to me. I am the oldest, but I am not the executor on any of the wheel issues. The second oldest is because he is a lawyer. For some reason, he does not receive any messages like I do. But I am constantly hounded on this matter. We are all four set up in the trust and can’t even believe the information at these people find out.
2/27/24 @ 8:53 AM
clueless
User since 10/24/04
Intresting to see this today. Yesterday we received 2 letters wanting to purchase our vacant land and also a postcard from a local realtor. We have properties in both Oneida and Vilas county. Our properties are in a revocable trust. Too me it’s just junk mail and I toss it. I never get any phone calls inquiring on the properties.
2/27/24 @ 7:59 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
Put your property into a trust they can't track your name it also protects you and it makes sure if you die it goes to the right person
2/27/24 @ 7:44 AM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
I would agree with some of the comments posted below, first make sure you register your phone numbers on the do not call list and continue to update it, I think it is suppose to take place within 45 to 60 days.  There are some other *66 or *67 things you can do to start blocking spam private numbers and this still may only apply to T Mobile and maybe Verzion but you can use the #662 -- you may want to google these I havent stayed current on phone features.

As for the marketing you can start by enrolling at https://www.dmachoice.org/register.php
It costs $5 bucks or so to register but very effective in getting your name and addresses off the junk mail list, there are a few other options so you could probably google that as well.

Lastly if they have your email address I would recommend not responding back and just tagging the emails as junk or spam, they should automatically go to the appropriate box in your email and you can delete them monthly without having them get in your normal email
2/27/24 @ 7:10 AM
fishs
User since 2/17/04
 Don't know if this will work in your situation but.....I used to get a couple calls a day from dish tv. Finally I stayed on the line and talked to a rep and made an appointment for them to come out to the house. I wasn't home when the guy came out. I received a follow up phone call and they told me how busy they were and if I make an appointment I should be there so I made another appointment and of course I wasn't home. The calls stopped.
2/27/24 @ 5:59 AM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11
Myself and my sister have gotten letters from people willing to buy your land. From Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin. An extremely low ball offer is included also. Right into the garbage!
2/26/24 @ 11:20 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
Maybe i'm too old to understand,but it seems like you that want to sell some property are getting unsoliticted inquires about the property. and not legit and that stinks. What else do thse crooks want to acomplish? It sickens me! I have gotten offers for my home here in Chi-town from the same type people via mail  and  i refuse to answer thier inquies. Is this low down crap ever going to stop!!
2/26/24 @ 10:46 PM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11
It’s public record and there’s really no way to stop it. It’s a legitimate business that I know people who do it. They search landowner maps looking for any small parcel of land that appear unused. The thought is generally that it’s an inherited property that the heirs may not know about or completely ignore. They generally try to buy something reasonably and resell it for a profit. A lot of times the property is tax delinquent and the owners are happy to sell. 
2/26/24 @ 7:27 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
If theyre calling your cell phone you can have that number blocked.  And I believe land lines still can be placed on a do not call list by registering with the state
2/26/24 @ 7:15 PM
BeerTownFyreman
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
I don't reply. To none of it. Ever. 

I still get unsolicited offers for our recreational property... and we haven't owned it for 2 years. Pretty routine for our current home and acreage now too.

Never answer or return a call. And the junk mail goes right in the trash. 

No different than any other unsolicited crap that comes in.

If you actually ​called a number back, It's probably gonna get worse before it gets any better. ​

2/26/24 @ 6:58 PM
ThreeFiftySeven
ThreeFiftySeven
User since 3/14/03
I used to be on 11th Ave myself, take any land lines off public record, change email, and I'm not sure of your situation, but if they don't already exist, apply for an outhouse permit and put a shed up. The land will no longer show up as "unused". 
2/26/24 @ 6:20 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
That sucks....Maybe tell them you want a million an acre?
2/26/24 @ 6:18 PM
15th Ave.
User since 5/7/21
Example A
Does anyone know how to stop the
Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE