MORE
General Discussion

Cicadas/are you ready for them?

4/23/24 @ 10:34 PM
INITIAL POST
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06

Well I remember the noise that these insects made year after year .and this year here by me we have a 13 &17 yr hatching of this insect. love the sound of them rubbing thier  wings together. Don't see too may of them anymoe but I bet you guys&gals up north will see a few. Anyway old times renewed for me. Just a thought.

Cicadas/are you ready for them? photo by chitowncrappieman
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
4/24/24 @ 10:37 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
I remember the one from 17 years ago cause I was down in Chicago for one of my cousin's graduation parties.  I picked several of them off the ground and figured they'd make good perch bait so I kept a bunch and put them in a cool whip container.  Little did i know that they die after mating, so by the time I got home they were all dead!
4/24/24 @ 11:39 AM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
Essox,Eat  you fill and i'll even donate if i catch them and send them to fulfill your appetite,postage paid!!
Cicadas/are you ready for them? photo by chitowncrappieman
4/24/24 @ 9:14 AM
Esox JJ
PRO MEMBER User since 6/4/05
I'm ready.  Catch a bunch. Throw them in a frying pan with some butter and garlic. Brown them up so they're crunchy. Yum Yum.
Just kidding of course.
4/24/24 @ 7:14 AM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Ive had tinitus all my life and in the past 3 years its gotten so it blocks out the noise of the cicadas.  My wife will say dont you hear the cicadas. No I dont but Ive always loved their sound in the trees. 

Now if tinitus could just block out the noise of some people blather and let me hear everything else......................
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE